Visit http://www.cityindex.co.uk/spread-betting/ to learn more about spread betting on the financial markets. Here, City Indexâ€™s Fiona Cincotta brings you all the news activity shaping spread betting and CFD trading for the week beginning 18th April 2011.
- Lower start for European shares this morning as investors assess Chinaâ€™s latest hike in bank-required reserves and also await quarterly earnings.
- Lingering concerns over indebted Eurozone countries so shares continue to drift lower.
- No UK economic data to be released today, the main focus will be on Wednesdayâ€™s release of minutes from the Bank of Englandâ€™s last policy meeting.
- US housing market is the main focus for macro economic data, with March housing starts and existing home sales results to be released on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The US corporate earnings season is stepping up a gear, with Citigroup and Eli Lilly releasing Q1 earnings today and Goldman Sachs, Amec, Intel and Johnson & Johnson putting out results as the short week progresses.
- UK corporate announcements include Tesco and Home Retail Group issuing results and BHP Billiton and Anglo American releasing production reports.
For more spread betting and CFD trading market insights from City Index, visit http://www.cityindex.co.uk/market-analysis/ Spread betting and CFD trading are leveraged products which can result in losses greater than your initial deposit. Ensure you fully understand the risks.