So I learned to crochet right-handed lefty stitches this morning, and decided to try it on Loki's icon. Then I realized that poor Loki is subjected to my first experiments...so I changed my mind and tried it using his pattern but with a visible yarn, since most of the tiny strings are done by feel. A little past the middle of the piece the lefty stitch was a natural motion, but clearly it's not the same as the righty. Perhaps that will come in time...or perhaps it will come when I actually use my left hand... Anyway, it's 60 stitches wide, 30 double crochet rows tall. Scrunching the microchet stitches has made a bad habit for larger yarn--this is about 15 inches wide by 13.5 inches tall.