Take your living room on the go with the HP Pavilion HDX9010NR entertainment notebook PC, which offers an innovative folding, high-definition 20.1-inch screen, an HDTV hybrid TV tuner (with HDMI port for connecting to an external HDTV), and quad speakers with built-in subwoofer for amazing cinema-like sound. Further converging home cinema with portable computing, this HDX also includes an HD DVD drive that's compatible with the new high-definition DVD disc format, enabling you to enjoy amazingly crisp and vibrantly colorful imagery as well as immersive surround sound. Control media playback with the remote control, which fits into its own dock to the left of the notebook's keyboard.
Control media playback--whether it be HDTV, a movie HD DVD disc, or your music library--using the dockable remote control (which sits just to the left of the keyboard).
The 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 processor (from the newest "Santa Rosa" chips) combines with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT video card (with 256 MB of dedicated GDDR3 video RAM) to provide exceptional visual scene rendering for 3-D gaming, content creation, and HD playback. It's supplemented by dual 120 GB hard drives for additional storage and back-up space, 2 GB of installed RAM (4 GB maximum), integrated pre-N Wi-Fi for the highest-speed wireless connections currently available, Gigabit Ethernet networking, and an eSATA port for high-speed data transfer to external storage devices--up to 6 times faster than existing solutions. Other features include a fingerprint reader for easy and secure access to the PC and online accounts, integrated Webcam with dual array microphones, and a stylishly dramatic high-gloss Dragon HP Imprint finish.
This PC also comes preinstalled with Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate, which combines all the features of Windows Vista Premium and Vista Business as well as adds extras such as multi-language packs and Secure Online Key Backup. It offers all of the features found in Windows Vista Home Premium, including Windows Media Center, Windows Movie Maker with high-definition support, and Windows DVD Maker. It also provides all of the features found in Windows Vista Business, including business networking, centralized management tools, and advanced system backup features. Vista also integrates new search tools throughout the operating system, includes new parental control features, and offers new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures.
* Processor: The Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 processor has a 2.2 GHz processor speed, super-fast 800 MHz front-side bus (FSB), and an extra-large 4 MB L2 cache. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
The Intel Core 2 Duo processor has two computational execution cores in a single processor, providing greater system response when running multi-threaded applications simultaneously with no significant increase in power consumption. It's optimized for multitasking and is ready to support the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. It can simultaneously run multiple demanding applications--such as graphics-intensive games or serious number-crunching business productivity applications--while downloading music or running virus-scanning security programs in the background. Some of the advanced Intel innovations of the Core 2 Duo processor include:
o Smart Memory Access: Improves system performance by hiding memory latency, thus optimizing the use of available computer data bandwidth to provide data to the processor when and where it is needed.
o Advanced Digital Media Boost: Effectively doubles the execution speed for instructions used widely in multimedia and graphics applications.
o Dynamic Power Coordination: Coordinates Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology and idle power-management state (C-states) transitions independently per core to help save power.
o Deeper Sleep with Dynamic Cache Sizing: Saves power by flushing cache data to system memory during periods of inactivity to lower CPU voltage.
* Hard Drive: This system offers a total of 240 GB of hard disk drive space from two 120 GB drives (5400 RPM). These Serial ATA (SATA) hard drives also quicken the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to FireWire and USB 2.0.
* Memory: The 2 GB of installed RAM (2 x 1024 MB) is an excellent start, but you'll want to add more RAM to maximize the multimedia of this notebook (which has a 4 GB capacity).
* DVD/CD Drive: This HP notebook offers the next generation of DVD entertainment with the HD DVD ROM optical drive, which provides the superior image and sound quality of high-definition images and multichannel surround sound as well as backward compatibility with standard DVD movie discs as well as content burned onto DVD-R/RW, DVD-RAM. It also incorporates a multi-format DVD/CD burner, which is compatible with dual-layer (DL) discs that can hold up to 8.5 GB of data.
* Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a 101-key keyboard and a touchpad with on/off button and dedicated vertical/horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad. It also includes two quick-launch buttons (HP QuickPlay Music and DVD).
Screen, Video & Audio
The 20.1-inch high-definition screen on this HP HDX notebook offers easy adjustment via the innovative hinged back.
The dual lamps of the spacious 20.1-inch WSXGA+ High-Definition HP Ultra Brightview widescreen help to deliver the same color depth as a plasma HDTV display with dual lamps delivers. It features a 1680 x 1050-pixel resolution (for native 720p high-definition resolution), as well as an innovative adjustable screen that folds open from a hinged back. The ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 XT graphics processor delivers exceptional performance thanks to its use of ATI's HyperMemory memory management technology that expands the 256 MB of dedicated GDDR3 graphics memory with system memory on demand to provide more power when needed. (GDDR3--or Graphics Double Data Rate, version 3--is a graphics card-specific memory technology that's better able to deliver fluid frame rates for even the most advanced games and applications.) It delivers remarkable combination DirectX 10 gaming performance, and plug-n-play CrossFire upgradeability makes it easy to scale up graphics performance to boost the most demanding games. Connect to big-screen TVs with HDMI including built-in 5.1 surround audio to enjoy HD DVD movies.
The integrated HP HDTV Hybrid TV Tuner lets you watch, record, and pause live TV using Windows Vista or the notebook's HP QuickPlay TV feature. Use ATSC to receive broadcast HDTV transmissions or switch to analog for access to cable or satellite TV programming.
You'll enjoy amazing aural performance with the four discrete Altec Lansing speakers and HP Triple Bass Reflex subwoofer. The integrated amplifiers provide approximately 20W total output while supporting a full range of treble and bass frequencies for outstanding stereo. The HDX integrated audio processor supports the latest external PC audio speaker solutions without the expense of an external sound processor to enable immersion in true HD audio with a full-surround sound experience (up to 7.1 analog audio).
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
You'll enjoy amazing 3-D gaming graphics thanks to the ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 XT graphics processor, which provides support for the improved rendering of DirectX 10.
Be ready for the next platform in wireless connectivity with the integrated quad-mode Intel Wireless 4965AGN Wi-Fi chip. Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found in home routers and Wi-Fi hotspots) as well as 802.11a networks (which has a higher throughput, but more limited range--great for closed office environments).
This notebook also includes a next-generation ExpressCard 54 card slot (as well as a PCMCIA slot), which lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features. Here's the full list of connectivity options:
* 4 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
* 1 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals
* 1 HDMI output (for connecting to a compatible HDTV or home theater receiver for uncompressed digital audio and video via a single cable)
* Video output: 1 VGA, 1 S-Video
* 1 ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)
* Integrated HDTV Hybrid TV Tuner (with F-Jack adaptor) input, S-Video input, Blaster (IR emitter), stereo audio input
* Native external speaker configuration ports: Side, rear, center/sub, front
* 2 headphone out, 1 microphone in
* 5-in-1 memory card reader (compatible with Secure Digital, MMC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, and xD Picture Cards)
* 1 expansion port 3
It also has an integrated 56K modem (V.90) and an RJ-45 LAN network port (for a 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet connection to networks and DSL/cable modems).
The Windows Vista Ultimate operating system has it all--an advanced, business-focused infrastructure, mobile productivity, and premium home digital entertainment features. It offers all of the features found in Windows Vista Home Premium, including Windows Media Center, Windows Movie Maker with high-definition support, and Windows DVD Maker. It also provides all of the features found in Windows Vista Business, including business networking, centralized management tools, and advanced system backup features. In addition, Windows Vista Ultimate includes Extras such as:
* Windows Hold'em, a poker game for players of all skill levels
* Language packs for Windows multi-language interface, where users can install and use multiple languages on a single PC. Great for multi-lingual households or if you are learning a new language.
* Secure Online Key Backup, where Ultimate users can store their BitLocker recovery password and Encrypting File System certificate on Windows Marketplace's Digital Locker website for access to the key anytime, anyplace, and from any computer that has an Internet connection
* BitLocker Drive Preparation Tool, an automated tool which removes the complexity of setting up your PC to use this exclusive data security feature.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
Roxio Backup MyPC, Symantec Norton Internet Security 2007 (with 60 days of complimentary live update), PC Recovery, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Office 2007 Student and Teacher Edition (60-day trial), HP PhotoSmart Premier, Muvee AutoProducer, Roxio Creator Premier, Serif WebPlus 10, Vongo, AOL Music
Dimensions & Weight
This notebook measures 18.7 x 13.4 x 2.3 inches (LxWxH) and weighs 15.5 pounds.
It's powered by a 9-cell lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
What's in the Box
This package contains the HP Pavilion HDX9010NR notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, IR remote control, earphones, and operating instructions. It is backed by a limited warranty for parts and labor for one year from date of purchase as well as technical telephone assistance for one year. Software is also covered for 30 days from date of purchase